Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 20, 2015

Trip to the Beach

Laguna Niguel 
Ya so, being District Leader is just more responsibility than I really want, but hey it's all good. Our district is 4 companionships - 2 elders & 2 sisters. We have an, overall, pretty young zone, so in my District I am like the 3rd oldest in mission age. And in our Zone of like 28 I am like 10th oldest... ya its pretty green up in here!!!! 
I had an interview with President on Saturday which was way good. He basically just reassured me on his decision to call me to this position. It was a pretty enlightening experience. But along with District Meetings which are about 1 1/2 hrs long (UGHHHH!) I basically just check up on my district and offer assistance/go on exchanges and report our district's numbers to the Zone Leaders. 

The beach was incredible! It felt so weird to be the only people there not in a bathing suit. The memorial for Alyssa was interesting. There was a drum circle going that everyone participated in... a little weird. Also they had a paddle out so they went out with surf boards and they threw flowers in the ocean. It was just way cool the whole family just brought up how helpful the missionaries were and still are. Don and Gavin are doing good. We are going to meet with them this week and talk about the temple and how they can be connected to Alyssa. We haven't really had much stuff happening lately. Me and Watts are getting along well and stuff, so ya, it's all good!

Sorry we dont have much time to email. We have to run and help some people move right now, so sorry it's a short email. Love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment