Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July in Laguna Beach

Laguna Niguel 
It has been a crazy week. We have been trying to get things ready for Hancock to leave and it's been a bit stressful for him. I can really tell he is going to miss being a missionary. It's been so much fun working with him. I don't feel that my companion is leaving, I feel that my best friend is getting done with his mission. I am going to really miss him. 

We had a great 4th of July. We went to the Conk's for dinner in Three Arch Bay (a really nice gated community where on the 4th they only let evey house have 2 guest car passes!). But they gave us these special wrist bands that would allow us to go to the private beach with them to watch the fire works that were on a barge in the middle of the bay! It was so sick to be there. I took a bunch of pictures but I will send them to you tonight (we have to come use the computers to help Hancock get ready). 

The work has been getting a bit better. We have had a less active lady move into the ward and she has been less active for a long time cause she got annoyed by the "hypocritical mormons" in Utah. But when we showed up to help her move in she was so touched that she wants to come back to church. Also she had a friend that is really thinking of getting baptized so that was a huge blessing that came out of nowhere. Then there was another referral that we got from another stake where a girl that got baptized in another stake moved into our area and her parents are interested in getting to know more! It's crazy we suddenly have a lot of potential work to do. 
Don and Gavin are up in San Fran till this Saturday for Alyssa's service. They are doing a cremation and spreading her ashes in the ocean. They were living with that family I told you about that goes to another church which is super Anti-Mormon. We were a bit worried about that. It turned out all this family really wanted was to adopt Gavin and when they said no to that they sorta kicked them out of the house. It sounds bad but I think it's for the best. We are really going to be able to help them a ton now. 

I survived another transfer call. Me and Elder Watts are staying another 6 weeks in the Laguna Beach Ward. I can't believe I will have been here for 6 months tomorrow and I will go for a total of 7 and 1/2 months at the end of next transfer. Holy crap it's going so fast! 

It's pretty cool just how much the church is making a push for family history work. They are doing the same thing that you are doing in this ward, so it's pretty cool to see just what its like for you, mom! I have extreme respect for family history consultants. 

It sounds like everyone had a great 4th. Let everyone know I love them! Sorry this is so short, we are going off to party with a bunch of the leaving missionaries!  


Elder Watts, Elder Hancock, Elder Ferguson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment