Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, January 16, 2015

MTC Happenings

It's so awesome that Virgil and Alice are back! It doesnt seem that long ago that they left. It's amazing how fast time is passing just being in the MTC. I, for the most part, can't tell  what day it is... the week is going by so fast! But I am LOVING IT! 
Me and Elder Oler got our new investigator on Monday. Her name is Carla. (When I talk to her I always wanna go, "DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE WARRIOR!") She is a really nice lady from Indiana and is studying law at BYU. She was born and raised Muslim....ya its pretty tough. But she is getting paid to come and let us practice teaching her. What she doesn't know is that the Lord has presented her this oppertunity and we have answers to some of her problems. The thing That I didn't know is that Muslims believe that Christ was blown out of proportion by man to be the Son of God and that we don't need a savior. It's hard to teach her cause everything we do is centered around Him. But we continue to push forward in faith that something will finally click. 
We had an awesome lesson with her yesterday. We didn't prepare any gospel lesson but just decided to go by the spirit. She really opened up to us. She is feeling very alone cause she is black and she has never felt so out of place in Utah. She feels that no one cares about her. It's been two years since she has been here and has never been asked out on a date. So we just talked about life but at the end I just felt this extreme desire to tell her that we love her and that God and Jesus love her more than she can possibly imagine! I don't know if she felt the spirit but it was there! Just keep her in your prayers also.

It sounds like Kade is loving it. On my first day here I ran into a senior couple here and we got talking. He found out where I live and he just asked me, "Do you know Kade Derrick?" I was like ya he is one of my best friends! He turned out to be Kade's uncle and he is going to go to New Zealand. I talk to him a bunch here and he is super cool. 
          Well I've gotta go! Love you tons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment