Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Shootin' Some BBall Outside The School

Laguna Niguel 
Wow guys! That Roots Conference thing sounds like the bomb! I sometimes feel like I want to be like that Jewish guy cause when I see some of our recent converts do stupid stuff, I want to just stone them too. But we don't, we stone them with kindness:) 

Well it has been a bit of a crazy week. I went on my first exchange on Saturday. They usually last a night and a day so we have to take a bunch of stuff for the next day. They're kinda like sleep overs but they are way fun. I learned a lot. But I went with Elder Clements, one of our Zone Leaders. He is an awesome missionary. I learned to contact better from him and hope to use what he taught me more. 

Last Sunday we found out that the homeless guy that was recently baptized was in jail (explains why we couldn't get a hold of him). But then this Sunday we found out he is in the hospital. We went and visited him and he was happy sounding but also sad. 

On Tuesday we had our first break up with Alexis. We haven't been able to set up an appointment with her for some time. But we kinda saw this coming. One day we texted her and asked if we could come over to talk she said no and probably not for awhile. :/ It was basically the "it's not you, it's me" scenario. The worst part is that we got no closure on the whole thing. It's ok... we have this feeling that things with her aren't done. She totally felt the spirit and we know she will come back.

On a side note, I kinda might try and find a cheap long board some where in town and buy it. Just letting you know so if it shows up on my card don't freak out. :)

PDay was awesome yesterday. We woke up early and we got a bunch of other elders and played basketball on these courts right next to the ocean. So awesome! You can see them if you go to the Laguna Canyon Road and find where it connects to the PCH. You will see them. It was so much fun! We ended up going to the stake center and hanging with our zone the rest of the day and we played more basket ball. We ended the night visiting Austin in the hospital. When we were heading out the paramedics came in and they were moving him to a different hospital. Austin asked if we could say a prayer before we left, they said yes and just stood there and waited while we prayed. I don't know if they felt it but the spirit was strong in that room. It felt so good. The paramedics were super nice and they just started asking us questions about general stuff with what we were doing. It was awesome!

Well till next week... Love you all and hope you had an awesome Presidents Day!
          Kye 

At Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment