Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, April 13, 2015

I Just Thought it Was a Good Idea if you Were Baptized

Laguna Niguel




So this first pic is of me and Rob doing the thinking man pose. The second pic is, from left to right, Elder Hancock, Mcgary, Jardine then me!!! Elder Jardine got here at the beginning of this transfer and he was a visa waiter for the Netherlands. We took him to the air port this morning at 5, so ya that sucked! But it was good to say good bye to him. Elder Mcgary and Hancock were companions in the MTC and they are like best friends, so we hang out all the time and Mcgary is just way cool. I freaking love all the people that I am working with and those I am teaching!

So the baptism was incredible! Rob showed up and the ward just kept filling in. It was insane the number of people that were there for his special day! There were a few non members there and the spirit was incredible! There were about 6 companionships that were there in attendance because people had heard so much about Rob and they wanted to come see him. Me and Elder Hancock prepared a few videos for the half time entertainment and then said the opening and closing prayers. We had a few people in the ward that he knew give talks about baptism and then the Holy Ghost. Probs the best part about the whole thing was that at the end Rob bore his testimony and it seriously made the whole place bust out in tears. So ya, it was quite the incredible first baptism!!!!! 
After the baptism we went to dinner with a family in our ward who we have been helpping out with some yard work. They took us to Pei Wei (it's like the best place on earth) but that is like the 3rd time in a week they have fed us. They are quite simply the best people ever!!! 

On Friday we did another lesson with Rommel who we talked about the concept of baptism a few days before and he didn't like to think that God hates the people that don't get baptized so we talked to him about the Plan of Salvation. He loved it! It was incredible to see how happy the whole concept made him. My favorite thing he told me was the concept between the word for happy in Portuguese and the word for joy in the Portuguese. The difference is that happy is a smile and acting happy but joy was really feeling it in your heart, no matter what your circumstance! It was awesome to hear how he didn't like other churches talking about how they try and scare you into joining there church by talking about the devil and stuff. It just made me realize that everything we talk about has nothing to do with fear or doubt, it's all about love of our Father in Heaven and how we have the choice to do what we want but that we will ultimately make the choice that makes us the happiest. 

So I am just a tad bit jealous about the whole Elton John thing! Thats so sick that you guys went and did that. It's apperent that I was holding you guys back from partying hard by living at home!!! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Sorry that I forgot. I don't mean to be cheesy but I got a baptism for your birthday soooo ya you're welcome :) I hope that you had the best birthday ever!! 

So the happiest news that I have gotten so far is that I am staying in my area for another transfer! I would have been so mad to leave cause there is so much that is happening and I dont think that I can bear leaving the members here. So I am super happy! A transfer is 6 weeks, so ya it's crazy to think that I am on to my 3rd one. Time is flying by!

I hope ya'll have a great and glorious week and know that I love you all so very very very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment