Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, May 25, 2015

Changes This Week

Laguna Niguel 
So I did get your package! I was so confused about who brought it! I just got a text from Hale and Butler and they said that a really tall guy and his daughter brought it and dropped it off real quick. Thanks so much for all the food! The Nutella is probably the greatest thing in the world. 

We had a family in the ward here drive through Santa Clara and they said that the weather there is amazing, sunny and clear. I wish that's what it was like here. For the last 3 weeks we have been waking up to over cast days that clear up a bit in the afternoon and then gets dark again. It's been forever since I have been able to see Catalina Island. Normally I can see it very clearly. 

I did tell you that I got moved to a new apartment! So I will have to send some pics of the new pad; it's pretty nice!

I am not getting transferred!! Nor is Hancock! And to make it even more interesting, we are dual training a greenie! So after this transfer I am probs going to stay one more transfer in Laguna Beach to finish the kid's training. There are like 23 new missionaries coming out and there is going to be 4 trio compainionships in the zone with a total of 5 greenies in the zone. There is one companionship that has a dying elder with a 6 week newbie that's also getting a brand new guy also. So this is going to be crazy! Also they said that we are losing 90% of our leadership in the mission in the next 2 transfers, so there is going to be a ton of change happening. I am just super happy that I get to be with Hancock to watch him die. It has been the greatest experience getting to be trained by him and become pretty good friends with him.

We weren't able to set a date with Michael yet. We did go golfing with him which was great! We played at a private club called Laguna Hills (or woods? I don't remember). But it was way good to get his trust a bit more. He loves the church and he has said that he feels that it's true! The only thing that kept us from asking him to be baptized was that we didn't feel that it was right at the time. We don't think he understands what it is that we are trying to do, so we are going to have a more formal sit down and talk about it a bit more. I will let you know how it goes!

I got to go to the new training about trying to keep sacrament a bit more focused. What our ward is doing is letting the ward council choose who talks based upon the needs of the groups and ward. There is a bit more they are doing so it should be good to see what happens! 

We have a bunch of stuff happening... just waiting to get tipped over into the font. I am absolutely loving the work! and I love all of you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment