Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 1, 2015

Duo to Trio

Laguna Niguel 
It's been a great week! Our new companions name is Elder Watts. He is from a suburb of Dallas, Texas and he is just a cool guy. He is a bit annoyed, I can tell, with not knowing what's going on but he will figure it out quick enough! 
So our new apartment is on the corner of Crown Valley and Camino del Avion. It's way nice. I will send pics next week. But working with a third companion has been fun, especially training. It is making me realize just how crazy just starting out on your mission really is and how difficult it can be. It has also been fun to see just how well me and Elder Hancock get along and work together! 

That's so cool that you are going down to Vegas again, mom. I swear, every time I get an email from you, you are going down to Vegas. Someone really needs to give you a best mom and grandma award! Like seriously, you are down there all the time hahahah! 

So the changes to our Sunday meetings is that the speakers we are choosing for sacrament don't necessarily have to be someone that hasn't talked in awhile or new members. Instead it's going to be a group effort on behalf of the ward council to choose speakers based on the needs of the ward and youth speakers don't have to talk on something our of the FTSY pamphlet. They can talk on something that they are more passionate about, of course within bounds :) 
They also talked a bit in a combined 3rd hour class about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and how to make it a day set apart from the rest. There isn't a very straight forward list of the do's and don't's of Sunday but there are good suggestions that the brethren in Salt Lake have produced. The thing that we talked about was letting the kids in the family decide on something that they would find enjoyable and worthwhile. They said that it's a thing that the family has to pray and seek personal revelation on and then make it happen.
I am super jealous that the trek they are doing is so much cooler than the one I went on. You are going to have to tell me how it goes :)

So, I have to tell you all something that I don't want anyone to freak out about. I have been talking to a bunch of people out here and have been thinking a lot about it lately... but I have come to the conclusion that going to BYU is a serious possibility..... I know! Don't freak out, but my perception of it all and what I really want to get out of life has really changed. It's still too early to make a decision but just thought I would drop that news early :) 

I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment