Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 22, 2015

Missionary Trainer

Laguna Niguel 
Training is super fun! I really love working with Elder Watts. He is just a really easy going person and I think he will be an amazing missionary. It's crazy that I was in his place not that long ago.  And YES, Elder Hancock is getting TRUNKY!!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how many times I have heard Hancock say that he has less days left in the mission than I have months! But he is still doing a great job as a missionary (a lot better than I think I will be doing in 18months). He has been in Laguna Beach for about 8 1/2 months. I am pretty sure that I will be here for only one more transfer to finish Elder Watt's training.

Our Zone Conference was about what was possible to God. It was a really good conference. It ranged from different talks, but that's the one that President Orgil gave. It basically was about how we need to change our perceptions -- that the mission just doesn't baptize that many people. We talked about how we only limit God by our own faithlessness. It was just good to hear an uplifting talk to refuel the "spiritual tank".

So Gavin's family moved to a place right in the middle of town which is nice. But on Thursday, the day after we moved them into their new house, Alyssa's (mom's) health really declined. Her blood pressure was through the roof and she was super close to having a stroke. She probably won't make it much longer. It's crazy that we are involved in the whole situation. Never would I have dreamed this is what I would be a part of as a missionary.

We still havent heard from Rommel in a while, but Michael called the other day and said that he would still want to stay tight with us so we are going to do another golf lesson with him during the week :) We will try and teach him the Plan of Salvation lesson as best we can. His view of what's in store for us after this life is kinda medieval-times knowledge of God. But I am super excited to GOLF! YAYAYAYAY!

That mini mission you told me about mom is a pretty cool idea. I hope that the kids realize that even though they saw what the work was like there, where ever they end up going the work might have a completely different feel to it though. It's still a pretty good idea to help kids really understand more of the unknown details of mission life. Who else is going on the mini missions from our ward?

Where is the family reunion at this year? I hope that my returning home might be enough to sway just one of our family reunions to Southern Utah!

I am now trying to learn Spanish by reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish with my regular book next to it. I tried it out last night and it was quite fun. Just thought i would let yall know that :)

Anyways, have a great week and I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment