Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, March 2, 2015

On My Knees Day and Night

Laguna Niguel
So it's been a long week. We are having a hard time trying to find the best way to help the whole Don and Alyssa situation. It's a longer story than I have the time or mental capacity to write down now but I will say, Don is doing good he goes into surgery soon and Alyssa is still fighting. Now the ward and some other people are pitching in to help out with meals and other stuff.

We are now teaching the inactive guy and his son who is scheduled to be baptized on April 4th by his dad!! YAYAYAYAYAYA!!! That's been a huge lift.

The book club sounds awesome mom, and it makes me happy to hear that you are connecting with the Kiwi family. They are awesome! I have been able to refer the Lincoln book to a book club and to a guy in the ward who just loves reading. I will keep you up to date on how all that goes.

I write most of my friends on missions; particularly Pryce and Corbin, James and of late, J Moore, and Kade every now and again. That's been fun.

This week we were at a follow up training meeting. It was cool to see all the kids I was in the MTC with. President Orgil talked to us about gifts of the spirit and the crazy thing is, I have been searching and pondering on that subject for some time now. He told us that as diciples of Christ we can have the gifts of the spirit but we need to pray for them and be faithful to receive them. He told us to be praying day and night that we might have the spirit of discernment. I have been doing that and since that I can't begin to tell you the profound feeling of joy I have been having during my study time.

Well, it sounds like you guys had a pretty crazy week of weather. The pic of the snow was incredible! And taking jenika to Mongolian BBQ!? That old lady there is like my favorite. She is so happy all the time and her origami is so cool. She made swans for me, Kade and James once. It was hilarious!

I love you all so much and I love hearing all that you are doing! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment